Reading Week, Snow and Packing

Today I am grateful for reading week - a week toward the end of the term in which classes at Seabury are suspended so that students can get caught up on reading, researching, and writing. I spent most of the day packing for my mini-retreat to northern Wisconsin - specifically, Delta Lodge in Iron River (no phone, no television, no traffic). I have an entire box of books packed - and about 3 boxes of food (I clearly have my priorities in order!).

Andrea and her sister, Mary, are coming too. They will not be studying; they will be skiing. I am bringing my skis too, but don't anticipate much ski time. I'm writing a paper on the rhetoric of Gregory of Nazianzus and Gregory of Nyssa - that's about as much detail as I have at the moment (hence, my thankfulness for reading week!). In any event, I will also be without internet connection - who knew that was even still possible! - so this will be my last post for a while. Happy Reading everyone!

Comments

Ryan said…
There are no skis.

-R
Is this a deep, philosophical comment, Ryan? "There are no skis" is this in the same sense of "there are no tables - only our idea of tables?" Help me out. . .
Beth said…
hurray! I was not the only one who didn't get it!
Ryan said…
No, no. It's much simpler than that. This is in the vein of "there is no white house."

-R