- Campaigner: a politician who is running for public office; someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.)
- An individual who has met the eligibility qualifications for, but has not yet earned, a credential awarded through a certification program or a person that participates in a test, assessment or exam by answering questions; a person who is running for an office; an individual who has applied for specialty board certification.
- The person taking the exam – the test taker
- A job seeker who has submitted his or her information to a staffing agency in the hopes of attaining a position that is best suited to their specific skill set. A candidate may be seeking a permanent or a temporary position and often will work with a recruiter to determine those positions for which they are best qualified.
- The next step beyond Postulancy for a person who has been recommended by the Bishop and accepted by the Standing Committee as a Candidate for Holy Orders. See synonyms at Debra K. Bullock [official date of record May 10, 2005].
- A set of Assignments constituting an element of a Diagnosis. The Find Candidates operation returns a set of Candidate objects.
- Species that may become threatened or endangered.
- Salvationist who has applied for and is waiting to be accepted at the School for Officer training.
- One who is in the process of entering the Catholic Faith, but has been validly baptized a Christian.
Thank you all for perservering through my several months of angst and for graciously reminding me of my call whenever I began to doubt.
Soli Deo Gloria