A Good Example

Today is turning out to be a good example of what I envisioned the priest-y life to be:

8:00 AM Breakfast at the Uptown Cafe with a book (enjoyed the avocado, mushroom, ham & cheese omelette)

9:00 AM Scion XB to Sterling Auto for the Allstate Appraiser's Check-writing ritual (accident occurred about 10 days ago and this was the earliest I could get in - do you suppose it would have been quicker had I said, "I'm not sure it's safe to drive?" (which would, technically, have been a lie))

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Listening to my idea of what teenagers might enjoy for worship music appropriate for their liturgy on Epiphany 6B (I'll be meeting them later for their version of what they enjoy! - and trying to convince 2 of them that this would, indeed, be a great opportunity for them to break out their guitars)

1:00 - 2:45 PM Enjoying a leisurely lunch (Lisa G of Monson, I must, politely disagree with your assessment) while checking e-mail and surfing the web (the church does not have internet access )

3:00 - 4:30 PM back at church to prep for "Spirituality for Living" which meets tomorrow evening and to meet with my lay committee for feedback

4:30 - 5:30 PM hospital visit and grabbing a bite to eat

6:00 - 8:00 PM work on sermon and meet with teens re: music (see above)

8:30 PM arrive home again, exhausted, but happy

It's all good stuff, my friends. All good.

Comments