- Andrea's father is still in the hospital.
God our creator and our end, give William grace to bear bravely the changes he must undergo, the pain he may have to face to come to his home with you. Give him the courage to welcome that unimaginable moment awaiting him; give him trust and confidence; and at the last give him peace. Amen.
- Yesterday I arrived at church to find the Sunday School classroom flooded.
Savior, deliver us from discouragement in the face of disappointment. Touch our eyes, ears, lips, hearts, feet and hands, that we may accomplish the work you give us to do. Amen.
- Last night I learned that my field ed supervisor is in the hospital.
O God, the source of all health: So fill Steve's heart with faith in your love,k that with calm expectancy he may make room for your power to possess him, and gracefully accept your healing; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- This morning a customer at the coffee shop shared with me that her 19 year old nephew died yesterday.
Heavenly Father, the strength of all who believe in you, comfort this family in their sorrow at the death of their child. May they find hope in your steadfast love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Tonight I will lead the last session of Spirituality for Living. We will be discussing and developing our Lenten Rule of Life.
Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills, that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated to you; and then use us, we pray, as you will, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.