The Traveller Returns

Wow, I can't believe I've had no ponderings, musings, or otherwise wise thoughts to post here in nearly a month! That can't be. . . so, I must have been out travelling. Yes, we spent a wonderful week in Iron River, Wisconsin where we cross-country skiid here and here (I never can figure out how to spell that word: skid, skied, skiid, skiied. . . you know what I mean though), went dog-sledding (photos here), and just relaxed. For me, relaxing included reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (I didn't plan to read it, but I spent a night at my sister's in Wausau on the way north and found it on her book case). What a great story - and which character is the Queen Bee in the story? For those of you who've read it, what do you think? Incidentally, I just googled the title to find the author's name and I found this link (it no longer appears to be updated; but, kudos to the Modern American Literature students at Hunterdon Central Regional High School in Flemington, New Jersey for this great use of technology!).

So, I realize I've been back for a while now but you know how things go - unpack, do laundry, catch up on e-mail, plan for adult forums (see Wednesday, March 21st at Church of the Transfiguration, for example), pastoral care visits, etc. All good stuff, but blogging had to wait. Stay tuned. . . I might just post the sermon I preached in Massachusetts last weekend - oh, did I mention, I went to Boston last weekend?! I've been travelling! While there, Andrea and I met some great folks, ate a lot of great food - emphasis on a lot - and caught up with my ol' friend Kristin from Boston University. If any of those 'great folks' are reading, know that you continue to be in our prayers.

Comments